| Exploring Photos with the Photo Detective
A Special Virtual Seminar Featuring Maureen Taylor
Maureen Taylor, The Photo Detective
is an internationally recognized expert on historic photograph identification and photo preservation. Sought out by clients all over the world from as far away as New Zealand, her pioneering work in historic photo research is unprecedented, evidenced by her success in solving photo mysteries. The author of several books, scholarly articles and online columns, she has been featured in numerous publications including The Boston Globe
, The New York Times
, Better Homes and Gardens
, and was dubbed “the nation’s foremost historical photo detective” by The Wall Street Journal
Her focus is on helping people rediscover their family history one picture at a time, and is passionate about getting folks to dig deep into their family history to tell the story of their ancestors. For more than a decade, she’s searched for images of individuals who lived during the Revolutionary War but also lived into the age of photography. It’s currently a two-volume set titled, The Last Muster, and the quest for more photographs is ongoing. There is now a set of films, A Revolutionary Trio
- Who was Little Joe: Photo Detecting 101. Follow the clues to discover the who, what, when, where and why of your family photos.
- Preserving Family Photographs–1839 to the Present. From daguerreotypes to digital imaging dilemmas, this in-depth seminar covers everything a family photographer needs to know about caring for photographs. Topics include printing and sharing digital images, and how to safely label grandparents' pictures.
- The Last Muster: Photographs and Stories from the American Revolution. As unbelievable as it seems, many individuals who participated in the American Revolution lived beyond the advent of photography in 1839. Learn about the detective work involved in uncovering these “misplaced” pictures. Hear the stories of the men and women who were members of the first photographed generation.
- Saturday, October 17, 2020
- 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Virtual Seminar via Zoom Webinar platform
- PCGS Members: $30 (Must login to the PCGS website to receive discount.)
- Non-Members: $35 (Consider joining PCGS prior to registering to receive the members only rate. Click Join/Renew to purchase your membership now.)
- Members: Login to PCGS website, return to this page and follow this link to register: https://azpimagensoc.org/links.php?sid=6
- Non-members: Follow this link to register: https://azpimagensocblog.org/product/exploring-photos-with-the-photo-detective-maureen-taylor/
- Pay online using your credit card via PayPal or by check made out to PCGS and mailing to P.O. box 16421, Tucson, AZ 85732
- After payment is received, a confirmation will be emailed to you with a link to register for the Zoom Webinar. If you do not receive that email, please check your spam folder. After that registration, you will receive the information to join the seminar. If you do not follow that link to register, you will not receive the information to join.
- Registration and payment deadline is October 10, 2020.
- Registrations and payments mailed via U.S. Mail must be postmarked by October 10, 2020.
- Cancellations received after October 10, 2020 will not be refunded.
- Cancellations received on or before October 10, 2020 will be refunded minus a 10% administrative fee.