Pima County Genealogy Society Presents
I Have My Results,
A Hands-On DNA Workshop with
CeCe Moore, Genetic Genealogist
Deciding to add DNA results to your box of genealogy research tools can be exciting and overwhelming. Just trying to decipher what SNPs, alleles, and chromosome positions are is enough to freeze you in your genealogy tracks. But, CeCe Moore’s hands-on workshop is designed to get you moving again. In this workshop, you will get answers to questions such as:
- I took a DNA test, received my results, but I’m confused - what do I do next?
- How do I make the best use of “potential DNA matches”?
- How do I interpret my genetic ethnicity map?
- What is “raw DNA data” and why should I download it?
- I’m totally confused --Help?!!
To get the most from this workshop, bring your laptop, your Ancestry.com DNA results, and your questions.
- Friday, March 9, 2018
- 1:00PM – 4:00PM
- Fountain of Life Lutheran Church, 710 S. Kolb Road, Tucson, AZ 85710
- PCGS Members: $48.00 (Members: you must login to the PCGS website to register & receive this price.)
- Non-Members: $58.00 (Consider joining PCGS prior to registering for this workshop to receive the members only rate. Click JOIN to purchase your membership now.)
- Limited to 50 attendees. (Walk-ins will not be accommodated.)
- Each person must register separately.
- Registration and payment is only available ONLINE -- use your credit card or PayPal account to pay for your registration.
- Click on REGISTER NOW! to register & pay.
- Use your credit card or PayPal account to pay for your registration.
- After 50 paid registrations are received, a wait-list will be established. We will notify you via email if an opening becomes available.
- Registration deadline is Feb. 17, 2018.
- A Registration Confirmation will be emailed to you.
- Cancellations received after Feb. 17, 2018 – no refund.
- Cancellations received before Feb. 17, 2018 will be refunded minus a 10% administrative fee.
About CeCe Moore
CeCe Moore is the genetic genealogy consultant for the popular PBS television series Finding Your Roots with Henry Louis Gates, Jr. Her work has also been featured on ABC's 20/20. PBS' Genealogy Roadshow, Nightline, Good Morning America, The Dr. Oz Show, Crime Watch Daily, Nancy Grace, CBS This Morning and The Doctors, as well as being quoted in many online and print publications. CeCe is considered an innovator in the use pf autosomal DNA for genealogy, and is frequently consulted by DNA testing companies, genealogists, adoptees, and the press.