The Pima County Genealogy Society, located in Tucson, Arizona, was established in July 2011. We are a non-profit 501(c)3 organization dedicated to helping you discover more about your heritage. Our mission is to:
- Promote genealogy and family history research
- Help our members learn about genealogy and how to apply that knowledge to uncover their personal family history
- Collect, preserve and disseminate genealogical, biographical, and historical knowledge and information
- Encourage the affiliation of people interested in the pursuit of their ancestral heritage
- Host and participate in meetings, seminars, and events to raise public interest in genealogy and in the Pima County Genealogy Society
PCGS meets the 3rd Saturday of every month (except July and December) from 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM via Zoom during Covid. When we begin meeting again in person, we will meet in the Truly Nolen Leadership Training Center, 436 S. Williams Blvd., Tucson, AZ. Parking is free.
The first half of our meeting includes a program on a genealogy topic of general interest, followed by a featured guest speaker educational program. Check the Calendar section of our website for information on upcoming programs and guest speakers.
Become A Member
Membership in PCGS is open to anyone with an interest in genealogy — Pima County or Arizona roots are not required. Out members have interests and expertise that extend across the United States and worldwide.
Memberships to PCGS renew yearly on your anniversary date. For example, if you join on August 7, 2018, your membership will expire on August 6, 2019. If you're not ready to commit to a membership just yet, but are curious to see what goes on at a meeting, you can attend up to 2 meetings as a non-member at no charge.
- General inquiries regarding PCGS can be directed to: email@example.com.
- Questions regarding Membership in PCGS can be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Inquires or questions regarding our website should be sent to: email@example.com
- If you prefer to contact us through regular mail, our address is: Pima County Genealogy Society, P.O. Box 16421, Tucson, AZ 85732.
Operating Year: January - December 2023
Board of Directors
Meet Our Volunteers
Board of Directors (L-R):
Leslie Carney, Jodi Lynn Strait, Lisa Elvin Staltari, Sherri Hessick, Amy Urman
Steering Committee (L-R):
Seated: Nicole Dyer, Sherri Hessick, Denni Ann Gershaw-Smith, Leslie Carney, Joey Caccarozza, Jodi Lynn Strait
Standing: April Hale, Kathleen Carter, Lisa Elvin Staltari, Ken Castle, Barbara Craig, Amy Urman
Missing: Bob Black, Everett Johnson
Program Committee (L-R):
Leslie Carney, Jodi Lynn Strait, Joey Caccarozza, April Hale, Barbara Salyer, Nicole Dyer, Amy Urman
Workshop & Tours Committee (L-R):
Kathleen Carter, Leslie Carney, Barbara Salyer, Amy Urman, Barbara Craig
Missing: Betty Fridena
Publicity Committee (L-R):
Gayle Johnson, Jodi Lynn Strait, Sherri Hessick, Lisa Elvin Staltari, Nicole Dyer, Amy Urman
Research Committee (L-R):
Lisa Elvin Staltari, Denni Ann Gershaw-Smith, Amy Urman
Special Volunteers (L-R):
Kathy Hartung (Facility Liaison), Kris Harmon (Prize Administrator), Ann Dickinson (Host Coordinator), Kelley Sims (Store Manager)